Re: extracting frame from existing JSON-LD document?

Elf, keep in mind that the framing document concept is not a
standardized part of JSON-LD, so things could change over the next year
or so. That said, there are several organizations (including ours) that
use JSON-LD framing as implemented in the reference libraries in
production systems.

On 12/08/2013 07:57 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> * can one extract from it frame which framing algorithm used to form
>  it?

No, framing documents are conceptually separate from JSON-LD data
documents. However, you could create a JSON-LD frame from a JSON-LD data
document pretty easily. You'd do this by cloning the JSON document and
processing it a bit to create a frame (adding embedOn and explicitOn and
stuff like that).

Dave Longley would have the details of how you could do this, but he's
really busy these days and might miss this email.

> * do documents exist which have no particular frame that would form
> them?

Yes, most JSON-LD documents will have no corresponding frame.

> * do documents exist where same document could come out as a result
> of applying different frames?

Yes. That you're asking that question makes me think that there is some
misunderstanding that you have about frames, but the details of that
misunderstanding are not clear to me. :)

It would help if you had an example of what you want to accomplish w/
corresponding JSON-LD data.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
http://blog.meritora.com/launch/