RE: JSON-LD CR on hold for 2-3 weeks

On Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:41 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:
> On 15 August 2013 22:31, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>> Does that mean that Google would send in an implementation report?
>
> No promises but I was expecting there to be a CR, and for that to be a
> trigger to chase around to gather input for some kind of 'what we did
> with implementing JSON-LD' statement. What would you want in an
> implementation report, exactly?

We have a fairly complete test suite and request an EARL report for those tests. All the details can be found here:

  http://json-ld.org/test-suite/reports/

>> I don't think that we really need a formal CR phase for this. Sending
>> out a request for implementation reports to the mailing lists would
>> achieve almost the same.
>
> You could say that about much of W3C process, perhaps. If the overhead
> of doing a real CR is too much, it would be good to communicate that
> to W3C so that process might be fixed rather than leave it as abandonware
> and reimplement a CR-lite-via-email. Ignoring/skipping W3C process steps
> because they're burdensome is a good recipe for them staying that way :(

Well, we planned to do a CR of four weeks starting on August 22. The problem is that we forgot about the mandatory 7 day waiting period and the requirement for a transition call which means that we will probably be delayed by four weeks.

The thing that makes JSON-LD different from many other W3C standards is that it was mainly driven by implementations and that we had a test suite since the very beginning. So we would fulfill the criteria to exit CR again on day one. Most groups start to think of tests and implementations between LC and CR.