Re: JSON-LD CR on hold for 2-3 weeks

On 08/15/2013 05:09 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:
> On 15 August 2013 21:57, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net
> <mailto:markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>> wrote:
>
>     On Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:44 PM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
>     > On 08/15/2013 01:19 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>     > > Perhaps we can shorten the CR period to compensate this delay a bit
>     > > given that we already have more than enough implementations!?
>     >
>     > Another option to consider is skipping CR and going to straight to PR.
>     > If the CR exit criteria have already been met, this can be done.
>

> Just as a (poorly sourced) data point, afaik the Google JSON-LD parser
> doesn't do anything with remote contexts.  A CR period seems one way of
> finding out.

How much time does Google need? Will Google be submitting an
implementation/conformance report?

If Google doesn't plan to submit a conformance report, there is very
little benefit in going through CR. Everyone else that plans to submit
an implementation report has theirs more-or-less ready. I'd imagine we'd
take 2-3 weeks to gather implementation reports for a straight-to-PR
strategy, would that be enough time?

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
http://blog.meritora.com/launch/