Re: Agenda: JSON-LD Telecon - Tuesday, August 13th 2013

I am dismayed to discover that somehow my last message must have gotten
lost last week one time when my laptop lost power.  I don't see a trace
of it anywhere.  I just discovered this when I looked at the document to
verify that my suggested changes had been incorporated, and of course
they hadn't . . . because you never received them.  :(

I was going to suggest a small edit to smooth out a couple of minor
glitches at the beginning of Section 9 that are probably the result of
previous edits.  The existing text is:
http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/json-ld/#relationship-to-rdf
[[
JSON-LD is a concrete RDF syntax as described in [RDF11-CONCEPTS].
Hence, a JSON-LD document is an RDF document and a JSON document and
correspondingly represents an instance of an RDF data model, namely
generalized RDF Datasets. The extensions to the RDF data model are:
]]

The two minor glitches are: (a) the text says that JSON-LD serializes a
*generalized* RDF Dataset, but by default it is a standard RDF Dataset;
and (b) it mentions "the extensions" before saying that there are
extensions.  I think the following text would fix these glitches and
make it a little clearer:

[[
JSON-LD is a concrete RDF syntax as described in [RDF11-CONCEPTS].
Hence, a JSON-LD document is an RDF document /and/ a JSON document and
correspondingly represents an instance of an RDF data model.  However,
JSON-LD can also optionally extend the RDF data model to serialize
Generalized RDF Datasets. The JSON-LD extensions to the RDF data model are:
]]

Thanks,
David