RE: JSON-LD Telecon Minutes for 2012-09-18

I couldn't remember either so I checked.. The original compaction algorithm was written by you Gregg [1] and was then updated by Dave Longley [2]. My implementation [3] is different - especially the term ranking algorithm [4]; it is based on what I described in ISSUE-113 [5].

I agree that we should try to simplify the compaction algorithm, but I don't think we should oversimplify it, i.e., we shouldn't ignore data ranges IMO.

[1] https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/commit/286cb5999723818769cee28c847794ccdfe91f83
[2] https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/commit/30de6cb12730168ca2960d6bde217b12c4cdbf6b
[3] https://github.com/lanthaler/JsonLD/blob/master/Processor.php#L855
[4] https://github.com/lanthaler/JsonLD/blob/master/Processor.php#L1067