RE: Representing email messages in JSON-LD

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 16:49:55 +0200
To: "'nil'" <nil.niklas@gmail.com>, "'public-linked-json'" <public-linked-json@w3.org>
Cc: <public-rww@w3.org>
Hi Niklas,

> Is there already an established way to represent email messages in
> JSON-LD? I found RFC822 in RDF[1], but it seems abandoned. On the
> public-rww list, people mentioned "RESTful mail over TLS" a couple of
> times, which may be a usecase for such a representation.

Unfortunately I don't know of any other vocabulary.

> If I wanted to use that RFC822 in RDF, what @type would I set?
> The examples there
> use http://www.example.org/rfc822# as namespace, which is probably not
> meant to be final.

According to that spec you would have to use
http://www.example.org/rfc822#Message for @type.. but that certainly
wouldn't be a good idea. It should be easy enough though to create and
publish a vocabulary that maps directly to RFC822 and then give it a stable
namespace (e.g. using purl.net).

HTH,
Markus