Re: framing oddities on json-ld playground

On Jun 30, 2012, at 2:03 PM, Kuno Woudt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've hit upon some surprising behaviour again with the json-ld
> playground.  I understand all of that is still in development, but I am
> still curious if the behaviour I'm seeing is correct, or if I've found a
> bug, or if I'm just doing something stupid and my input is wrong :)
>
> Here is my starting point:   http://ur1.ca/9leae
>
> In this test document senet:properties is a "@list", I would like to see
> it framed as a regular javascript array, so I add { "@container":
> "@list" } to the context, my full context now looks like this:
>
> {
>   "@context": {
>     "owl": "http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#",
>     "rdf": "http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#",
>     "senet": "https://senet.org/ns#",
>
>     "id": "@id",
>     "type": "@type",
>     "senet:properties": { "@container": "@list" }
>   }
> }
>

> This does change the "senet:properties" on "senet:Game" to render as a
> javascript list, but the second object in the @graph suddenly has its id
> changed from "senet:properties" to the full url,
> "https://senet.org/ns#properties".

Looks like a bug to me. The term selection algorithm tries to make sure that the appropriate term is used, and if it's usage doesn't match it's definition, it will fall back on an absolute IRI. However, in this case, you're not using it as a property, but as an @id, which should be okay.

My implementation has the same issue, so it looks like a spec bug.

Gregg