FYI: Interesting dicussion over at rest-discuss

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:41:39 +0800
To: <public-linked-json@w3.org>
Hi all,

there is an interesting discussion on rest-discuss [1] going on whether new
media types are evil or not. In that context, once again the need for a
"single new media type; one that combines JSON:s simple expressiveness with
native support for
hyperlinks!" came up.

I replied [2] and mentioned JSON-LD as one that supports exactly that. One
of the first reactions was once again that JSON-LD == RDF and that it is not
minimal and simple [3]. I think by showing some examples later in that
thread I was at least partly able to show that that's not the case.
Nevertheless, people seem to prejudge JSON-LD by simply putting it in the
same corner as RDF and "all that other complex Semantic Web stuff".