Github new notifications system (was Re: JSON-LD Telecon Minutes for 2012-07-31)

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>wrote:

> Markus Lanthaler:  We could make it so that we cc the RDF WG on
>    all new issues by placing rdf-comments as a receiver of new issue
>    submissions. [scribe assist by Manu Sporny]
> Manu Sporny:  the issue is finding somebody that has the time to
>    write the code to do that - we're all over-worked as it is, the
>    github issue tracker is working for us just fine, and there is no
>    requirement per W3C process that says that we have to use the W3C
>    issue tracker before Last Call. I think we're good, I'll
>    double-check with Guus to make sure. [scribe assist by Manu
>    Sporny]

There might be no need to write code to do this now. Github just releases a
new notification system [1] which should help with solving this problem,
assuming you can register an "rdf-comment user" and make it watch the right
repo. From the blog post:

> Notifications are now powered by the repositories you are watching. If you
> are watching a repository, you will receive notifications for all
> discussions:
> - Issues and their comments
> - Pull Requests and their comments
> - Comments on any commits