Re: Merging @base and @vocab and change their behavior

On Sep 1, 2011, at 16:30 , Markus Lanthaler wrote:

>> +1, but I would also consider the extra expansion feature defined in
>> RDFa for @vocab...
>
> Ivan, could you please explain how you would see this work? I think that
> introduces quite some complexity without any real advantage IMHO.

Complex... a little bit. But it certainly should be an optional feature, just like it is in RDFa[1]

http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdfa-core/Overview-src.html#vocabulary-expansion

the use case is similar to RDFa. If I have @vocab, and @vocab only (ie, I would not use @context), I would end up, in the generated RDF, with a set of URI-s that are not necessarily related to other vocabularies. FOr many applications that is fine and they do not really care. By having the @vocab, applications that really want to the RDF to bind to other vocabularies can get it via that vocabulary expansion.

Yes, this is a typical RDF-based application, and not a traditional JSON application. Hence being optional. But just like in RDFa, I think it would be very useful.

Ivan

> --
> Markus Lanthaler
> @markuslanthaler