Re: Stream-based processing!?

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 16:21:14 +0200
Cc: "public-linked-json@w3.org JSON" <public-linked-json@w3.org>, Olivier Grisel <olivier.grisel@ensta.org>
To: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Two issues. One positive, the other negative...

For my specific issue in Python I have installed Python 2.7 on my machine, and made a test with this ordered dictionary and the built-in json parser. It works. Thanks to Olivier (I did not know about this extra in Python 2.7).

However, following up one of the remarks I found on the Web, the JSON RFC[1] says

[[[
An object is an unordered collection of zero or more name/value pairs...
]]]

right in the introduction. Which means that, although the specific issue in Python is solvable indeed, other parsers or JSON serializers may not offer the same flexibility if they simply follow the RFC.

:-(

Ivan

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4627.txt?number=4627

----