RE: experiences promoting a JSON format for RDF

I ended up rolling up multiple values into a JSON array. So if I had
multiple phone numbers, then it would be

   phoneNumber : ["123-555-6789", "111-222-3333"]

Values in arrays can be strings, URIs, or nested objects for other those
resources. Arrays are not be used as values themselves. This limitation has
had no practical impact for us because we aggressively avoid RDF lists.

Other simplifications that we use:
 - Only simple literals, no language tagging and no datatyping.
 - URIs appeared as simple literals.

Our developers were very much against embedding structure within JSON
strings, which ruled out tags, datatypes, and angle-bracketing URIs. These
simplifications will rule out many RDF use cases, but it was quite evident
that the advantages outweighed the drawbacks. I hope to use rdf:domain and
rdf:range assertions on the vocabulary (or perhaps in the profile) to help
mitigate the drawbacks.

On the "link" objects: I originally had just "profile" on the root object,
but talked myself into treating it like another web link, analogous to the
HTML link elements (I think the RDFa profile reference appears in a link
element). So other links for the resource would also end up in that
structure rather than mixing with the RDF properties of the resource:

   link : {
      profile : {...},
      next : {...}

Each mapping in the link object maps to another object, one modeled along
the lines of the Web Links RFC (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5988).

I like the symmetry with XHTML links, the generality of treating the profile
as another link, and keeping these links separate from the RDF properties on
the resource; however, I do like the simplicity of a simple "profile"
mapping on the root object. I'm also not sure it was worth trying to model
the Web Links in the RFC.

Brian