Modified curies for JSON (Re: JSON-LD normalization algorithm and MongoDB)

From: William Waites <ww@styx.org>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 10:47:29 +0200
To: Bradley Allen <bradley.p.allen@gmail.com>
Cc: public-linked-json@w3.org
] simply storing JSON-LD with all keys being
] CURIEs will avoid this issue, but it is worth noting that restriction.

One thing that I've seen done, which seems useful from the point
of view of a Javascript programmer, is rather than express a
CURIE as prefix:local to write it as prefix$local. The reason for
this being that in Javascript, $ is a valid character as part of
a name whereas : is not, enabling one to write,

  person.foaf$name

instead of

  person["foaf:name"]

is this small convenience enough to matter? I'm not sure. But I
thought I'd mention it.

Cheers,
-w

--