RE: Yet another serialization format?

On 06/30/2011 4:50 AM Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> You are saying, in plain English, with regards to basic computer
> science:
>
> Disambiguating a Name from an Address doesn't matter when constructing
> Linked Data Structures.

Basically, yes, that's what I'm saying. But I was also saying that if you would like to disambiguate them, you should make it easier to talk about the more common case and that's in my opinion talking about the Thing.

> If that were true, I wouldn't even be able to send this email.

Has nothing to do with the current discussion but would be interested to know why that's the case. I find that example a bit amusing because I'm entering my e-mail address every day in dozens of applications to identify *myself* without appending a +me or any other fragment.

I think we won't find a consensus on this because there's no real true or false IMHO. Since it's not really related to the problem we are addressing, neither to the proposal I made I would suggest to put this discussion aside and move on.