Re: Property-name scoping

On 6/29/11 10:24 PM, Patrick Logan wrote:
> That's an interesting presentation. Most of what I saw was familiar to
> me. But I just swallowed it whole and have not fully digested it.
> Nevertheless, the main things it speaks to *here* are:
>
> 1. RDF is more than syntax
> 2. Having a JSON serialization for RDF is not going to change the
> world for anyone
> 3. Although it would be handy for some of us, in some cases

How about: we can make Linked Data graphs using a JSON based syntax. We
can use JSON to serialize Linked Data graphs. In both cases, Zero
mention of RDF. At the end of the day, RDF is really an orthogonal
matter re. Linked Data. There is nothing about Linked Data that's
specific to RDF (syntax, model that underlies sytnax, serialization
formats). There have and swill always be many mechanisms for expressing
and serializing EAV/SPO based graphs.

KIngsley

--

Regards,