Re: JSON-LD bnode canonical naming algorithm

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:18:36 +0100
To: public-linked-json@w3.org
On 6/20/11 3:11 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 06/19/2011 09:39 PM, glenn mcdonald wrote:
>> So I'm not
>> advocating my Needle-like proposal because that's how we do it in
>> Needle, we do it that way in Needle because that's my solution, as a
>> designer, to the problem of modeling and serializing a graph database.
> Where can we find a complete spec or documentation to the Needle
> database data model? I'd like to read up on it and learn more about it.
> -- manu

But you don't need that. Glenn is simply saying: basic EAV / SPO is
enough for the target audience (not of this mailing list). RDF
compatibility is a secondary matter. The burden of RDF fidelity should
be borne by those that know RDF rather than those that don't give a darn
about it.

Show JSON-LD as a vehicle for basic graph based data representation.
Leave RDF to RDFers. Any RDFer worth his or her salt can make graphs
with RDF fidelity from any basic EAV graph.

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com