Re: Implementation and Test Suite progress (was Re: JSON-LD bnode canonical naming algorithm)

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 23:25:12 +0100
To: public-linked-json@w3.org
On 6/19/11 10:36 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 06/19/2011 02:56 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>> Therefore, if your Linked Data originally came in the form of CSV, EAV,
>>> SPO, Microformats, Microdata, RDFa, TURTLE, etc. - it can be represented
>>> in JSON-LD. This is true today with the current JSON-LD specification.
>> Okay, so the next critical thing has to be cranking out sample resources
>> and associating their URLs with the JSON-LD spec. Once in place, the
>> target audience for JSON-LD can be engaged with ease etc..
> Another critical part is to get a few functional JSON-LD processors up
> on the Web for people to play around with. Digital Bazaar has one in
> C++, Gregg Kellogg has one in Ruby and Dave Longley is currently working
> on one for JavaScript (that works in the browser and in Node.js):
>
> https://github.com/digitalbazaar/forge/blob/master/js/jsonld.js
>
> Dave Longley and Dave Lehn have been putting together a set of tests here:
>
> https://github.com/digitalbazaar/forge/tree/master/tests/jsonld
>
> and Gregg has ported over the RDFa test infrastructure here:
>
> https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/tree/master/test-suite
>
> We will need to do some work on the test suite, but hopefully it won't
> be that difficult to create something that can provide a basis for
> testing these implementations.
>
> Hopefully it'll only be 1-2 more months until we have two interoperable
> implementations and a test suite. :)
>
> -- manu

Will take a look at what engine tweaks are required re. adding support
to our Linked Data middleware i.e., the Virtuoso Sponger [1]. If it's as
easy as I expect, you'll JSON-LD quickly listed as a data format option
(alongside others) in DBpedia [2] and other Linked Data pages [3]
generated by Virtuoso :-)

Links:

1. http://uriburner.com -- Virtuoso Sponger behind a domain delivering
Linked Data generation as a service
2. http://dbpedia.org/resource/Linked_Data  -- note footer section where
we list a variety of Linked Data resource formats
3.
http://lod.openlinksw.com/describe/?url=http://dbpedia.org/resource/Linked_Data
-- ditto

--