Re: JSON-LD Telecon Minutes for 2011-07-04

On 07/21/2011 11:48 AM, Dean Landolt wrote:
> To me it's the difference between in-band and out-of-band schema -- you
> could just as easily use a separate schema to layer IRIs on top of plain
> strings. When writing code against a graph nobody /really/ wants to look
> at it as IRIs -- we all prefer to assign sane string identifiers to
> variables in our code, why not our graphs?

I think that's what we're doing, Dean - assigning sane strings IDs to
the JSON-SD markup and relying on the context to expand those values out
into full IRIs (if necessary) and compact them back down.

Go here:

http://json-ld.org/playground/

Click "Person" and then click between "Compacted" and "Expanded" form.

Are you proposing something different? If so, what are you proposing?

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Uber Comparison of RDFa, Microformats and Microdata
http://manu.sporny.org/2011/uber-comparison-rdfa-md-uf/