Re: JSON-LD Telecon Minutes for 2011-07-04

On 7/12/11 5:58 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:

> The question is, do unnamed nodes have a place in Linked Data and in
> JSON-LD? I think they do; anyone else?

No, not if you want to deliver a simple (lightweight) mechanism for
constructing Linked Data graphs using JSON-LD. The moment you introduce
anonymous references (blank nodes) you've introduced an RDFism. Net
effect, inheritance kicks in and we are back to square one re. inability
to deliver a simple JSON based mechanism, with high uptake potential
re.,  Linked Data graphs.

In the early days of Linked Data we agreed to discourage blank nodes for
the very reasons outlined above. Basically, there was a concerted effort
to focus on uptake and bootstrap.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen