Re: Reducing the number of keywords (ISSUE-15, ISSUE-26, ISSUE-31)

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Markus Lanthaler
<markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> wrote:

>> > I can't see what kind of functionality a @suffix element would
>> allow.. Could
>> > you elaborate?
>> >

>> That would let JSON authors remove #whatever fro JSON-LD values - and
>> have those automatically added when transforming JSON-LD to RDF
>
> That would add it to every IRI.

Indeed - I haven't realised this

Honestly, I don't see much value in it. Also
> it makes understanding to which IRI "foobar" is eventually expanded quite
> difficult as you would have to remember even more things. That being said we
> assume that the vast majority of JSON-LD documents will be generated by
> machines and not written manually by humans. So it is much more important to
> make them easy to read then to write. Being more explicit and reducing the
> number of things to keep in mind surely helps in that regards.

But JSON docs (and related specs) are also read by developers -
removing URIs, #fragments would ease the process of adoption

>> > Same here.. what kind of functionality does this enable? I can see
>> some use
>> > cases where URI templates are needed but that can be described
>> without
>> > having explicit support by JSON-LD as well IMO.
>>
>> Same as before - is there already some templating support in native
>> JSON ?
>
> No.. But you could define a concept whose value is a template. Or even a
> datatype for templated IRIs.

A template for @subject would be good.
So far, I have to use @subject + id (dc:identifier) if I want to use a
shorter URI representation in the doc