Re: IANA Considerations

On 08/18/2011 04:58 PM, David I. Lehn wrote:
>> As an added bonus, this "format" mechanism is going to make writing the
>> test suite a bit easier as it will be able to switch on the "format"
>> parameter in the Content-Type field.
>
> How does the "framed" format work? Should the format=framed also
> require a "frame" parameter with encoded frame data or an IRI?

Good question.

We had been discussing several options:

1) Pass the input frame in via the IRI, and POST the JSON input that
    should be framed.
2) Pass a JSON array in the POST call, where the first parameter is
    the frame and the second parameter is the JSON input.
3) Pass the frame in via HTTP headers - nobody seemed to like this idea.

We'll have to discuss what folks feel is most appropriate, or if anybody
else has any other ideas.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Uber Comparison of RDFa, Microformats and Microdata
http://manu.sporny.org/2011/uber-comparison-rdfa-md-uf/