Re: JSON-LD spec updates

On 8/8/11 4:30 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> I've just pushed a static editors draft for the latest version of the
> JSON-LD specification. This version includes a large number of updates
> based on conversations we've had on the telecons, the mailing list and IRC:
>
>   * Re-arranged entire spec to read more cleanly -
>     split features into basic and advanced sections.
>   * Added Linked Data definition.
>   * Added explanations for compaction, expansion, framing
>     and normalization.
>   * Added support for keyword overriding.
>   * Removed @profile feature.
>   * Cleaned up terminology to be more consistent.
>   * Created an Algorithms section, put RDF conversion in there.
>   * Attempted to not mention RDF as much as possible and not use
>     RDF terminology as much as possible.
>   * Added algorithms for IRI expansion and compaction
>   * Added algorithms for value expansion and compaction
>   * Added algorithm for document expansion
>   * Added algorithm for document compaction
>   * Added algorithm for document framing
>   * Started to add algorithm for document normalization
>
> The editors draft can be found here:
>
> http://json-ld.org/spec/ED/20110808/
>
> The diff-marked version can be found here (but is pretty useless due to
> the large amount of layout changes and content addition):
>
> http://json-ld.org/spec/ED/20110808/diff-20110615.html
>
> -- manu

Manu,

I find this chunk of text unnecessary :

Pragmatism
    Mixing the expression of pure Linked Data with data that is not
    linked was an approach that was driven by pragmatism. JSON-LD
    attempts to be more practical than theoretical in its approach to
    Linked Data.

We reached concsensus the matter is closed.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO