Re: describedby registration

hello.

On 2015-03-04 12:43, Simeon Warner wrote:
> On 3/2/15 2:38 PM, Steve Speicher wrote:
>> I believe the intent was that the current registration of
>> "describedby" was limited to the definition in POWDER [1].  So we
>> clarified it within LDP.  From what I recall, there was no need to
>> add any clarity to the definition of "describes" as it is
>> satisfactory as written for the needs of LDP.

"describedby" is *defined* by POWDER, but by no means limited to it. on
the contrary, it's defined very open-ended as link relations should be:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-powder-dr-20090901/#appD:

provides a description of resource A. There are no constraints on the
format or representation of either A or B, neither are there any further
constraints on either resource. "

so there really is no need to fork things. forking is always a risky
thing to do and thus should be avoided whenever possible.

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |