Re: GET RDF Resource

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 9:53 AM, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> wrote:

> On 03/02/2015 09:23 AM, Steve Speicher wrote:
>
>> Hi Magnus,
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 7:47 AM, Magnus Knuth
>> <magnus.knuth@hpi.uni-potsdam.de
>> <mailto:magnus.knuth@hpi.uni-potsdam.de>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hello,
>>
>>     reading the spec I can not find information about what content wise
>>     SHOULD to be returned upon HTTP GET on an RDF resource.
>>
>> The reason the spec doesn't define anything is that the intent is
>> whatever RDF defines that resource.  In other words, it doesn't define
>> any restrictions unless the LDP RDF Source is also an LDP Container.
>>

> This would be good to say explicitly in the spec, so that readers are not
> left wondering.

Hi David,

There is always this balance of how much to say and when to say "the spec
doesn't constrain this".  Hearing this feedback for a couple folks, I'd
propose to put something in the "LDP Best Practices and Guidance" [1] as it
is not a REC document.

[1]: https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/default/ldp-bp/ldp-bp.html

Regards,
Steve Speicher