Re: JSON-LD & N3 - Re: CfC: Resolution Annotation Protocol to make JSON-LD default returned if no HTTP Accept request header (deadline 24 June 2015)

> On 15 Jun 2015, at 23:27, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com> wrote:
>
> To summarize what I've learned from this thread:
>
> 1. This message from Rob (below) suggests that we have a technical solution in place for annotation use cases and that a new profile for activity streams should handle the social web case; we are continuing work on the Web Annotation Protocol draft.
>
> 2. If we have issues remaining we need concrete examples and proposals from Henry (as Doug detailed, see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-annotation/2015Jun/0082.html )

yes, it looks like in the very particular case of Web Annotations the crystalisation/framing/profile problem may not appear, as long as the data structure remains that simple.

> 3. Other work regarding generic JSON-LD, in particular, Framing mentioned by Gregg  and 'crystallisations' as mentioned by Henry may require work, but the appropriate WG needs to be identified.

yes, this is the longer term work. It could be difficult to find the right group, because the RDF folks are not going to care about the crystalisation/frame/profile used, whereas the JSON folk don't tend to care about RDF at present, and anyone who starts using the RDF tools may never go back. But the tension exists and a solution here would greatly help in allowing them to work together in a friendly way.

> I don't mean to re-start the thread, but these are my take-aways.

Thanks for the summary. :-)