RE: JSON-LD & N3 - Re: CfC: Resolution Annotation Protocol to make JSON-LD default returned if no HTTP Accept request header (deadline 24 June 2015)

> >> Then perhaps we should make that profile definition explicit and put it into a
> larger framework that allows us to negotiate profiles (or crystallisations or
> shapes or whatever you prefer to call it...) the way we negotiate content types
> or languages. Something along the lines of:
> >>
> >> Request:
> >> GET /some/resource HTTP/1.1
> >> Accept: application/ld+json; q=0.9, text/turtle; q=0.8
> >> Accept-shape: annotation; q=0.9, *; q=0.1
> >>
> >> Response:
> >> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> >> Shape: annotation
> >>

> > That may indeed a way to go; we should discuss this in the protocol
> document. (Although we do not expect clients to understand Turtle, so the
> example should be adapted.)

This wasn't intended just for annotations, but for any place where we need to work with shapes (as in the discussion at public-lod [2]).

> Caveat: Accept-shape does not seem to be an existing HTTP header field,
> per[1]…

Well, sure. We'd have to register it.

> [1] http://www.iana.org/assignments/message-headers/message-headers.xml

[2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2015May/0034.html