Re: LDP Patch Format FPWD published

On 9/18/14 6:30 PM, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the LDP WG just published the Linked Data
> Patch Format First Public Working Draft:
> _http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-ldpatch-20140918/_
>
> I want to stress that the WG is seeking feedback from the community at
> large on the direction being proposed.
>
> Getting this draft out has not been easy. There are different possible
> approaches and none of them is fully satisfying. After a lot of
> discussions we settled on the current proposal which is very much a
> compromise. So, please, have a look and let us know what you think!
>
> Thank you.
> --
> Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Standards -
> IBM Software Group

A little bug. The opening example has:

<http://example.org/timbl#> as a URI that idenfies TimBL. That's in
accurate. If you want to stick with <dns:example.org> then it would be
<http://example.org/timbl#i> .

Please fix, otherwise the example won't achieve its goal. Ideally, you
should use his actual URI <http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i>
which has the added effect of being a live demonstration of what the
example is trying to convey.

Correction suggestion:

[[
The following RDF Graph will be used as an example through this
specification. It describes the relation between a person named Tim
Berners-Lee (denoted by <http://example.org/timbl#>) and two events he
attended.
]]

becomes

[[
The following RDF Graph will be used as an example through this
specification. It describes the relation between a person named Tim
Berners-Lee (denoted by <http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i>)
and two events he attended.
]]

or even

[[
The following RDF Graph will be used as an example through this
specification. It describes the relation between a person named Tim
Berners-Lee (*identified* by
<http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i>) and two events he attended.
]]

Links: