Re: Obscure section 5.2.3.4 and concept of "interaction model"

Hi Steve

Thanks for your answer.

I see three aspects:

- Lack of clarity/definition of "interaction model", replacing the term
with "semantics" doesn't help imho. Whichever term is used, it should be
defined and the headers should be introduced.

- I understand that if the "interaction model" indicates a resource is not
an LDPC than it must not be treated as LDPC. However if LDPC is a subtype
of LDPR then the statement "[...] as if it is a[n] LDPR" is as least
confusing. (Like saying "a student who fails to present a student id has to
pay as if she is a person", this implies or at least suggests that a
student is not a person).

- After all wording problems I think it is wrong of LDP to have this focus
on headers, in my opinion headers should allow to optimize the
communication (like for getting shorter responses, etc.) they should not
overrule the semantics of the actual message body.  If header determines if
an LDPR is an LDPC and this may contradict the information in the RDF data
this means that the implementation has to store this information
separately. It is no longer possible for an implementation to store all its
state in a single graph and we are not far from having RDF-free LDP
implementation. If an LDP implementation is explicitly allowed to lie about
the type of a resource in the returned RDF why shouldn't it be allowed to
lie about membership too? So consequently membership statements should be
transformed into headers too.  With this change usage of RDF could become
optional altogether (to avoid misunderstanding: this is supposed to be a
reductio ad absurdum).

Cheers,
Reto