Re: Fwd: Re: Can we use TCP backpressure instead of paging?

From: Andreas Kuckartz <a.kuckartz@ping.de>
Date: 12 Jun 2014 05:42:48 +0200
To: "Sandro Hawke" <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: public-ldp@w3.org
Sandro Hawke:
>> - xmpp
>
> The style seems so different, that doesn't seems like a useful review to
> me.   Am I missing something?

The XMPP community has a *lot* of experience and knowledge in streaming
structured data which will be helpful. And a large part of it is using
both XMPP and HTTP.

>> - W3C Social Interest Group (which hopefully starts in a few days)
>
> Why the SocWeb IG instead of WG?   We have lots of coordination planned
> with the SocWeb WG (including me and Arnaud).

That is great. I am not against involving the WG: I suppose that the IG
will contain the members of the WG. An issue might be the restricted
scope of the WG - but I might be wrong.

>> - Hydra
>> - Linked Data Fragments
>
> My sense was these were academic efforts, not organizations/groups.
> I'd hope people involved in those efforts would be on this list.

I was talking about communities, not about formal organizations or
groups. These two communities are small but very active, interested in
practical results (and both recently have started to collaborate) - and
they require paging. One of the main JSON-LD authors is now driving Hydra.

I will make them aware of the discussion here. Maybe it would help to
have a Wiki page with information about "TCP backpressure instead of
paging" ?

Cheers,
Andreas