Re: multiple changes to resources

Hi Melvin,

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Melvin Carvalho
<melvincarvalho@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Has anyone thought about what happens when 2 or more people want to access
> a resource or container at the same time.
>
> Could we develop a race condition here?  Is there a basic strategy (such
> as in unix locking) that could be used to prevent such things.
>
> Has anyone considered this case at all?

The closest thing I think is where we detect that a change has happened and
prevent overwriting someone else's changes as we have in 4.5.2
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-ldp-20130730/#ldpr-4_5_2

If this isn't what you were thinking, are you saying it is like WebDAV's
LOCK mechanism?
   http://www.ics.uci.edu/~ejw/authoring/protocol/rfc2518.html#METHOD_LOCK

- Steve Speicher