Re: Section 4: LDPR/non-LDPR formal definitions

On 3/26/13 4:54 PM, Erik Wilde wrote:
> hello kingsley.
>
> On 2013-03-26 13:34 , Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> My concern is that
>> <http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/html> isn't any
>> clearer than <http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/turtle>
>> with regards to hypermedia.
>
> this is where you lose me. the registration of HTML is referring to
> HTML as its spec, so that's how the media type is defined. it tells
> you everything a client needs to know, such as how to compose a form
> request and send the form values in a format defined by the spec. the
> turtle spec doesn't even mention the word link.

It mentions URI and dereference.

"..Turtle is a general-purpose assertion language; applications may
evaluate given data
     to infer more assertions or to dereference URIs ..."

Of course it could be much more precise re. RDF based Linked Data.

>> As for the HTML spec, you have the Turtle spec and media type definition
>> combination that clearly address the hypermedia issue.
>
> how is http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/2008/SUBM-turtle-20080114/
> (currently linked form the registration) or
> http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/ (the registration probably should be
> updated) clearly address the hypermedia issue?

Adding a reference would certainly help.

> could you please provide a reference to where it does that (the kind
> of stuff http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.13 is
> saying)? as you just pointed out in your email to henry: it takes a
> leap of faith to infer any link semantics, and even then they are just
> read-only.

Beyond hypermedia basics, we do have an omission re. RDF based Linked
Data. That's were I believe our views converge :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO