Re: Section 4: LDPR/non-LDPR formal definitions

hello kingsley.

On 2013-03-26 12:18 , Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> 2. http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/html -- HTML media
> type definition (Erik: in reading this document I don't see how the HTML
> media type is an exemplar for Hypermedia interaction clarity by virtue
> of media type definition).

what do you think should be any different/better? the HTML spec very
clearly tells you how links in HTML pages are supposed to be interacted
with. a while ago, i compiled a list of links in HTML at
http://dret.typepad.com/dretblog/2009/10/links-in-html.html, just as an
exercise to see what kind of hypermedia affordances HTML actually
provides. surprisingly many, i think. for each of them HTML says how to
interact. maybe forms is most instructive: the media type tells you how
to assemble form field values, compose them into a well-defined request
format, and then submit them to the form's action URI, using the method
that is specified for the form. well, i am sure you are well aware of
all the things the HTML spec defines, so i am wondering what you would
you think it is lacking in terms of clarity?

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |