Re: Why is all discussion going on on the restricted list? (fwd Re: A modest attempt to re-open ISSUE-20)

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> IP issues related to contributions from external parties are easier to
> track when these contributions are channeled through a separate list from
> the one used by the WG. This is what has led to the current set up. I
> understand that the lack of consistency on how this is done across W3C can
> be confusing.

- When one posts the first time to W3C one has to agree to some terms on a
Web page before the mail is forwarded to the list, could the required IP
stuff be added there?
- Even if you think that for IP reasons its better to keep the wg list
closed, couldn't still most of the discussions be on this list? Or how is
it suppose to happen, a non member starts a topic here and the the wg
discusses this on the other list (maybe afer a list member saw the question
and posted a link on that list) and at the end the chair posts an answer
here (maybe just a link to the other discussion).

I agree that consistency across W3C would be good. And I hope this
consistency would be achieved on the side of openness. As you could see I'm
not the only one who's rather disappointed about the current approach.

> Many if not all of the WG members are following this list. If you sent
> specific feedback or questions for which you expected a reply and didn't,
> please, point those out.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp/2013Jan/0003.html wasn't
strictly a question yet I would like to have known if the WG thinks the
direction of triples does matter in LDP.

Cheers,
Reto