Re: A modest attempt to re-open ISSUE-20

hello martynas.

On 2013-03-14 9:48 , Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> am I not reading the HTTP spec right then?
>     Proper interpretation of a PUT request presumes that the user agent
>     knows what target resource is desired.  A service that is intended to
>     select a proper URI on behalf of the client, after receiving a state-
>     changing request, SHOULD be implemented using the POST method rather
>     than PUT.

i don't know how you're reading that, but it clearly says the method
"presumes that the user agent knows what target resource is desired." in
the case of a newly created resource, this identifier is not yet known.
creating it is under control of the server, so the client doesn't know
this URI.

cheers,

dret.