Re: Is LDP going to use the MS-Author-Via header?

On 6/6/13 8:02 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> See:
>
> http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/ReadWriteLinkedData.html
>
> "most WebDAV servers in 200X provided that header. It was natural
> therefore natural to use the same header to adverize the availablity
> of SPARQL. Perhaps the MS stands for "modification service"

As an implementer of WebDAV I can assure you that it stands for
Microsoft [1].

Some time in the future, all the pieces will come together,
serendipitously. I predict lots of laughter, head scratching, and
absolute befuddlement :-)

Links:

1. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc250217.aspx -- about WebDAV
header from Microsoft re., Front Page.