Re: Proposal to close ISSUE-19: Adressing more error cases, as is

On 6/5/13 12:39 PM, Erik Wilde wrote:
> that's a lot of generic cut/paste content, but still no concrete
> answer to the concrete question at hand: how would a client with no
> prior knowledge of LDP find out how to interact with an LDP resource,
> using its hypermedia affordances?

By understanding that LDP is not about hypermedia affordances solely. It
is about hypermedia and entity relationship semantics affordnaces. BTW
-  instead of using the mysterious "affordances" word, what's wrong with
the words like  "facilitates" or "enable" -- which are generally
understood my the majority of folks?

Hypermedia is part of the picture, not the picture in its entirety.

Facts:

The Web fused Hypermedia and TCP/IP.

RDF based Linked Data adds First-order logic based entity relationship
semantics to the mix.

Everything is Related. The only thing in question are:

1. relationship participants -- entity identifiers
2. relationship type -- Web Linking (<link/> and/or "Link: " header)
tells you (clearly) that links denote relations (these are sets of
relationships)
3. relationships -- what an RDF triple represents.

Do cut and paste my example to a file, then follow-your-nose to what the
Web was always supposed to be. It was never an un-semantic Web it was
always a Semantic Web where entity types, relationship participants, and
relationship semantics would evolve.

Please don't make reference to "cut and paste" if you haven't actually
performed the act. I provided that example for a reason.

Kingsley

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen