Re: Proposal to close ISSUE-19: Adressing more error cases, as is

On 6/4/13 5:57 PM, Erik Wilde wrote:
> - a generic media type (one of the RDF ones, let's say text/turtle)
> allows you to construct an RDF model and then you see LDP properties
> in it. interaction affordances a.k.a. links ("use these URIs to engage
> in these interactions by following these interaction rules") will have
> to be exposed through the LDP vocabulary, and again you will need to
> read the spec to understand how that works. nothing in RDF makes any
> statements about how to use HTTP, certainly not at the level that LDP
> needs (non-GET interactions, for starters).

On the assumption that we both agree there is no such thing as
unstructured data:

HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) transfers Data.

RDF (Resource Description Framework)  enables you describe and
understand Data.

RDF based Linked Data enables you describe, understand, and refer to
Data by combining the items above.

As far as I know:

LDP is supposed to add the Read-Write aspect to RDF based Linked Data
(as outlined above) without depending on SPARQL. Basically, a solution
to a problem already handled by SPARQL for those who seek looser
coupling i.e., no SPARQL specificity with regards to RWW aspect of RDF
based Linked Data.

In addition to the above, if we assume RDF is simply a format, then in
that falsehood we could have agreement re. your focus on RESTful
interaction patterns and Media Types :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO