Re: access control -- in or out of scope?

I apologize for not responding sooner to Sandro's request for further
information.

I don't have much of an outline to propose for LDP access control, and
what I do have is rather fuzzy. Note that I'm not a member of the group,
just an interested future user of the LDP.

See [1] for a recent post to the XACML mailing list, in which I listed
some minimum requirements for a RESTful XACML profile. The two main
points are that 1) XACML (or any access control system) runs on rules,
and therefore collections of rules must themselves be treated as REST
resources; and 2) an access control system mediates the hyperlinked
relationships among Web resources--specifically, in the XACML model, a
world consisting of Subjects, Resources, and Actions. The 2nd point
means that everything mentioned in a set of access control rules must be
representable as a web resource.

This is far from a useful, coherent plan. But it is a step beyond just
listing requirements, and indicates one way to use rule-based access
control in a linked data system. I don't mean to prejudice the
discussion towards XACML--it is just what I am familiar with.

Regards,
--Paul

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201203/msg00000.html