Re: Linked Data Platform Working Group Charter comment

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:50:25 +0100
Cc: public-ldp@w3.org
To: ashok.malhotra@oracle.com
I found Michael's text (copied below for reference) acceptable (modulo maybe some language tweaks). Would that work in general?

The WG does not normatively specify solutions for access control, however should identify, based on a set of (real world) use cases,  requirements for necessary authentication and authorisation technologies.

On Jan 31, 2012, at 16:31 , ashok malhotra wrote:

> On 1/31/2012 6:33 AM, David Wood wrote:
>> I would think that blessing existing auth/auth solutions or standards would be in scope, but creating new ones would be out of scope.  If the group finds that no existing solution meets its needs, then I suggest that the charter task the group with identifying the lacks.
> +1
> Ashok

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153