Re: Links and graphs

KK:

thanks for the quick reply. i agree that time is very short for working
through the details of some of these problems.  thanks for taking it a step
further here. i recall reading through your presentation earlier this year,
so some of this rings bell in my head.

my primary observation here is that, in case one, it's a "guess" (e.g. "it
would probably have a VoID description"). this seems to be a very common
case. M2M clients will need to be prepared to make a "guess" and evaluate
the results. this seems to call upon the "gulf of execution" and "gulf of
evaluation" concepts of Norman[1] and his seven stages of action[2].

AFAICT, gaming systems use this pattern, but hypermedia and RDF systems
rarely do. any pointers to the contrary are most appreciated.

the second case seems to be an optimized version of the first, right? just
leaves out the first "guess"

Cheers.

[1]
http://www.interaction-design.org/encyclopedia/gulf_of_evaluation_and_gulf_of_execution.html