Re: Links and graphs

On Sunday 16. December 2012 12.21.04 mike amundsen wrote:
> show me how you would express this choice between SPARQL endpoint and
> REST service in a message in a way a machine could operate on it - make
> a choice - successfully.

I would argue that the most useful think is that "if it isn't SPARQL, then
it is RESTful on some level". Our service description document is already
there -- it is VoID -- and in VoID, you can express a link to a SPARQL
endpoint, which has its own service description.

For everything else, there should be some triples following the description
of each and every resource telling an agent what it could do with it. So, a
machine reading the a description of a resource will already know what it
can do with it, replace, augment, delete or just read, add similar
resources to a collection, etc., or it will be pointed to a VoID
description where it can learn that SPARQL queries may be used.

I tend to prefer not to think of link relations, neither in HTML terms nor
in HTTP header terms, as I believe we should have the full expressivity of
RDF.

Best,

Kjetil