Re: Comment on Section 4.8

Hi,
The motivation for this restriction to be the in the spec was that we
(IBM) felt that this would 1) make it easier for people to ramp up using
Linked Data by narrowing down the number of options they have to choose
from , 2) increase interoperability.

It was for the same reason that we had limited the number of datatypes one
could use in section 4.1.9 [5]. After discussion at the face to face
meeting we (the WG) decided to remove section 4.1.9 for essentially the
same reasons you're giving [6]. Rather than simply dumping it though, we
discussed the idea of putting into a deployment guide, which has since
then been done [7].

Given that, I think it would make sense for the WG to consider doing the
same for section 4.8. [8]

[5] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-ldp-20121025/#ldpr-4_1_9
[6] http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/meeting/2012-11-01#resolution_5
[7] http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Deployment_Guide
[8] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-ldp-20121025/#common-properties

Side note: when referencing a section in the spec it is better to use the
URL that points to the specific version of the document you're refering
to, such as [4] above. The URL you gave in [3] will actually stop working
if that section is removed in a future version of the spec, leaving the
mail archive with a broken link.

Thanks.