Re: QUERY Verb Proposal

On 1/19/15 5:58 PM, ashok malhotra wrote:

> On 1/19/2015 5:45 PM, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:
>> What we need to find out is what issues one could come across
>> deploying this
>> on one's own LDP server. There are many use cases I can have for this
>> without
>> it needing to be widely deployed. For example due to CORS limitations
>> I need
>> a CORS proxy anyway to get remote data resources, and my personal
>> social web
>> server can then allow me to use QUERY/SEARCH on those remote
>> resources via
>> my proxy server. Caching can also be done on the client in local storage
>> with JavaScript. So - unless there are some issues we have not
>> considered -
>> local deployements could be built and the experience used to provide
>> feedback
>> to the HTTP WG.
> Good thought!  The Oracle folks have considered deploying QUERY on Oracle
> servers.  So, if you did an OPTIONS it would tell you that QUERY was
> supported
> and, in addition, what query syntaxes you could use.
>
> Kingsley could support it on his OpenLink servers.
>
> Ashok

Yes, of course.

Implementations from Oracle and OpenLink will encourage others to join,
pronto! Then we don't fall into the trap of prescribing a standard
rather than trying to standardize usage patterns that are already in use.

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com