Re: QUERY Verb Proposal

> On 19 Jan 2015, at 23:19, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org> wrote:
>
> I suggest the spec say how to do it with GET as well as QUERY, and what exactly the differences are.
>
> Assume the HTTP WG will say no for the first several years, after which maybe you can start to transition from GET to QUERY.
>
> Alternatively, resources can signal exactly which versions of the QUERY spec they implement, and the QUERY operation can include a parameter saying which version of the query spec is to be used. But this wont give you caching like GET.   So better to just use that signaling for constructing a GET URL.

What we need to find out is what issues one could come across deploying this
on one's own LDP server. There are many use cases I can have for this without
it needing to be widely deployed. For example due to CORS limitations I need
a CORS proxy anyway to get remote data resources, and my personal social web
server can then allow me to use QUERY/SEARCH on those remote resources via
my proxy server. Caching can also be done on the client in local storage
with JavaScript. So - unless there are some issues we have not considered -
local deployements could be built and the experience used to provide feedback
to the HTTP WG.