Re: LDPR Interaction Model on Create

On 15 Oct 2014, at 17:30, John Arwe <johnarwe@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> > Since everything on an LDP server is an LDPR, seems unnecessary for
>
> Progress, then - this is the point of divergence.
>
> I believe that ordinarily this will be the case, but I also believe LDP provides no guarantees because LDP does not prohibit the creation of non-LDPRs (via Post, or otherwise), having just re-skimmed 5.2.*  ... this is a consequence of allowing LDP support to be added to existing HTTP 1.1 server implementations.

I think that is too far fetched.

There are much more usual cases of this: any metadata resource that get created the LDPR is created.
For example on rww-play when any LDPR is created the LDPR contains a link to of type rel=acl to a resource
that describes which actors can execute what types of acts on it. That is not I think an LDPR according to the
spec here ( even though it should accept a PATCH and the resource is a graph ).

Deleting the LDPR deletes theses associated resources just as it removes the ldp:contains relation from the
containing LDPC.