Re: Recharter scope

Thanks Ashok. See below for responses to your questions.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Standards - IBM
Software Group

Ashok Malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com> wrote on 11/17/2014 03:16:44
PM:

> From: Ashok Malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
> To: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
> Date: 11/17/2014 03:17 PM
> Subject: Re: Recharter scope
>
> See inline
> All the best, Ashok
> On 11/17/2014 3:24 PM, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> Per our discussion on today's call I invite everyone to help develop
> the list of questions that defines the scope of the new WG we would
> propose to charter. We could change the format if we want to but
> that's secondary. Here is the updated list based on today's discussion:
>
> 1.        How can retrieval of a container and its contained
> resources be combined so that fewer HTTP operations are required
> than it is necessary with LDP 1.0?
> Let me explain what I meant to say on the call.  If you do a GET on
> a container you get the URLs of its members.  If you use a header,
> say INLINE, you get the contents of the members (inlined) as well.
> If the result gets too big you need to page.
> 2.        How can multiple resources be created with a single HTTP
request?
> Not critical from our POV.
> 3.        How can a client request filtering what part of a resource
> or container the server is to return?
> Yes, we need some sort of query functionality.  Note that you could
> be querying JSON docs.
> 4.        How can a client be notified when something, such as a
> resource or set of resources, changes?
> Important.  Perhaps a bit lower priority than Query and Access Control.
> 5.        How can a client find out whether a service endpoint, such
> as a SPARQL endpoint, is associated with a resource or set of resources?

> ?

See my response to Rob.

> 6.        How can access to a resource be controlled?
> Yes.  This is important.
> 7.        How can a client have greater control of how paging is
> done (size, sorting, etc.)?"
> Yes.  This is important
> 8.        How can a client learn what property constraints there are
> when creating or updating a resource?"
> Do you mean "how to get the schema for a document(s)?"

Yes, exactly. The RDF Data Shapes WG may end up defining a mechanism to
associate a resource with a shape but it may not, similar to how the XML
Schema WG didn't want to define a way to associate an XML schema with an
instance document, so we might want to look at what we think this could
be. We'll coordinate with the RDF Data Shapes WG to ensure someone does it
but not both groups. :-)