Re: A question on the definition of LDP-BC

In the general case (absolutely anything permitted by the spec occurs in
practice), Direct containers can have non-information resources as
members.  One path to this state is via client update of the membership
triples; another is the classic "side effects of other operations" effect
... I could see 'calculated views' of some database in that light, e.g. a
set of people satisfying some query predicate being materialized by a
server as a read-only container whose membership is automatically updated
to reflect changes "elsewhere" in the system.

In the normal case (membership triples managed ONLY via LDP create/delete
requests), Direct containers will only have information resources as
members.

membership-constant-URI might the the container (this would be the normal
case in our discussions) but can be another resource ... examples of the
latter occur in the spec where we talk about "overlaying" the LDP model
onto existing resources (assets/liabilities), and I think the pattern
Roger has discussed many times where some resource has a posse of
containers, each acting as the sheriff for one predicate... IIRC the
subject of those triples was "the other resource" not each container.

Best Regards, John

Voice US 845-435-9470  BluePages
Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure OSLC Lead