Re: Status of LDP test suite contribution to github

Hi Steve,

On 30/04/14 21:58, Steve Speicher wrote:
> I wanted to give you (and the WG) more details about the pending
> contribution [1] to the ldp-testsuite project [2]

Looks good, so pull request merged.

> We believe it is quite useful now, covering roughly 2/3's of LDP-BCs and
> LDP-DCs clauses.
>
> Here's what you can do:
> - Given a URL to a kind of container (basic or direct), test it
> - Test a number of common tests for LDP-RS and LDP-Cs
> - Get an HTML report
> - Run via the command line
>
> Here's what is yet to be done:
> - Handle authentication (assumes no challenge now)
> - LDP-NRs, Prefer, PUT, LDP-ICs, interaction model via Link rel=type, paging
> - reporting results in RDF format (EARL)
> - building a tool that can read EARL and produce test results for WG, like
> [3]
> - fill in gaps of test coverage
> - produce a report on the test cases themselves
> - updating documents about how the test suite works and contribution
>
> It believe we should divide and conquer on this.  I have some ideas on how
> we split this up, we can discuss within github project.

Yes, now that we have the basic infrastructure in place, and I'll
continue adding the tests we already have in Marmotta, which cover some
of those missing things (such as LDP-NRs). And we'll see how to evolve
it in the next weeks.

Thanks!

Cheers,

--