Re: Multiple Named Graph

On 26 Mar 2014, at 10:50, Reto Gmür <reto@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:21 PM, henry.story@bblfish.net <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>
> On 25 Mar 2014, at 14:59, Reto Gmür <reto@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 2:30 PM, henry.story@bblfish.net <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>> So to start from the beginnging again.
>> I checked the mentions of "named graph" in the spec.
>>
>> In the definitions section:
>> [[
>> Linked Data Platform RDF Source (LDP-RS)
>> An LDPR whose state is fully represented in RDF, corresponding to an RDF named graph. See also the term RDF Source from [rdf11-concepts].
>> ]]
>>
>> Section 5.1:
>> [[
>> Alternatively, servers may provide the net worth resource and supporting containers in a single response representations. When doing this, a preference would be for RDF formats that support multiple named graphs
>>
>> If as you quote above, the state of an LDPR is fully represented in RDF why should the preference be to return a format that support multiple named graphs? The latter suggest the resource can be more completely represented using more than just RDF which contradicts the first.

If a client were to ask for text/n3 then you could give more context back. You would not be returning more information about the graph itself, you
would just be adding more information about the context of other graphs, presumably graphs referred to by the graph that was requested. So there
is no contradiction here.