Re: LDPR vs LDPC interaction models

HI Steve,

On 25/02/14 19:05, Steve Speicher wrote:
> I don't think anyone from the WG has responded, so let me try to clarify.
>
> I will give the editors an action to improve on this section, let me put in
> it simplest terms and the intent:
> - LDPRs will only have interaction models of LDPRs.  It makes no sense to
> have in the
> - LDPCs could be have as LDPRs or LDPCs.  If an LDPC is created by sending
> a request entity body a LDPC and using the "Link: rel=type href=
> http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp#Resource", then that means it behaves as it
> doesn't know about LDPC section.  Meaning things like POSTing to it don't
> create members and update membership/containment triples or that when a
> contained resource is deleted, the containment triple is removed.

Implementing the latest draft in Marmotta, we have came back to this
detail. And we have realized the Link header is a response header in
HTTP 1.1, so should not be used in requests.

So, what would be the alternatives to specify the interaction model as
client? For instance, the Prefer header, e.g.:

   Prefer: interaction="http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp#Resoure"

Feedback is very welcomed.

Cheers,

--